G2 Esports wins big at the Esports Awards 2020
Say hello to the Esports Organization of the Year!
The Esports Awards 2020 saw G2 Esports add to an already-stacked trophy cabinet with more than just one #G2WIN following nominations in an incredible 12 categories.
The winner of the Esports Organisation of the Year is @G2esports after an incredible year across all of esports there truly could only be one winner! Huge congratulations!#EsportsAwards pic.twitter.com/eUfNKtg8B1— Esports Awards (@esportsawards) November 21, 2020
We also had a duo of Spanish success as G2 CEO Carlos "ocelote" Rodriguez won Esports Personality of the Year and Streamer of the Year was won by Ibai Llanos!
The winner of the Esports Personality of the Year presented by @Lexus is @CarlosR founder of @G2esports#EsportsAwards pic.twitter.com/SCzIKtK9vv— Esports Awards (@esportsawards) November 21, 2020
The winner of the Esports Awards Streamer of the Year presented by @Lexus is @IbaiLlanos#EsportsAwards pic.twitter.com/vvu7foGWHj— Esports Awards (@esportsawards) November 21, 2020
The nine other nominations were:
- G2 Voice Comms for Esports Content Series of the Year
- Fabian "GrabbZ" Lohmann for Esports Coach of the Year
- Charles Dalton for Esports Videographer of the Year
- G2 League and Jacob "JKnaps" Knapman for the Esports Play of the Year
- Jacob "JKnaps" Knapman for Esports Console Player of the Year
- G2 Esports for Esports Content Team of the Year
- Ibai Llanos for Esports Caster of the Year
- Rasmus "Caps" Winther for Esports PC Player of the Year
- G2 League for Esports Team of the Year
The wider G2 family also had a successful evening as Logitech took home the award for Esports Commercial Partner of the Year.
Three wins is a good start but in 2021, we’ll be looking to take home trophies in every single category!
Awards season didn't end there as G2's League of Legends team also won Best Esports Team of 2020 at The Game Awards in December.
Keep up with all news and content from the Esports Organization of the Year by following us on all our socials – Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, TikTok, Instagram, and Twitch.