We are looking to strengthen our Content Team by adding a dedicated and creative Video Editor. If you feel alive putting together the funniest videos and most entertaining storylines, have a good eye for beautiful aesthetics, and can demonstrate passion and a proactive attitude, you could be the one!
Who we are searching for:
As a part of our Content Team, you will be included in the entire creative process of our media projects, including concept development, production and post-production. It involves working internally with our editors and other videographers, graphics designers, social team, partnerships team, players, and external partners, pitching ideas and understanding our partners’ and fans’ needs for promotional/engaging content.
You must have experience with editing, production, and post-production processes. Experience as a Videographer / Photographer will be considered a bonus. Under the guidance of the Head of Content, together with our in-house video team, our new video editor will join us on the esports adventure, editing live content, in-game footage or blending it together in a mind-blowing piece for G2 or our partners. Depending on experience with camera work, it would also be possible to actively contribute to recording video and photo content during local and international events, as well as G2 media days and outstanding productions. If you love beautiful aesthetics, memes and good humor, your eye is trained to edit real life footage and you can’t resist the beauty of bringing the best in-game moments and epic fails together, send us an application and join the G2 Army!
- Plan and execute creative video content for G2 Esports
- Join creative sessions with our content / design team for project kick-offs
- Come up with innovative ways of shooting and editing entertaining pieces and various formats
- Take part in pre-production meetings and concept brainstorming sessions
- Edit and package the videos according to the brand strategy and create continuous look of G2 video content
- Cooperate with the Content Team creating exciting social media output and marketing programs and competitions that connect and engage with our online fan base.
- Plus: Candidates with videography experience will have the opportunity to travel the world, capturing our adventures, and take part in our big scale productions
- Proven working experience in video production/editing (portfolio and/or showreel required)
- Solid experience with digital technology and editing software packages (Adobe Creative Suite programs are preferred)
- Thorough knowledge of timing, motivation, continuity, etc
- Creative mind and storytelling skills
- Natural ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Experience in remote working / distributed teams (you like to travel and work with people from around the world)
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing. Native level is not required, but competency is expected.
- Knowledge of the esports industry and a premier esports title and its community. Multiple games knowledge is a plus.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously, including tight deadlines.
- Enthusiastic team player. We want someone who can pitch us ideas instead of waiting for assignments.
Nice to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in film studies, photography, editing or related field
- Experience with applying special effects, working with motion graphics and 3D
- The ability to colour grade including working with and the creation of LUTs.
- Ability to consistently communicate with players, staff and management.
- Competent cinematography knowledge to be able to shoot without assistance.
- Technical ability to work with and operate the most up to date camera systems and know-how to get the best out of them. (Sony / Canon / Panasonic)
- Esports and competitive gaming fan
- Native English