We are looking for a person who is highly experienced and naturally engaged with Social Media and esports communities. If you actively participate in discussions on Social Media, Discord, Reddit, and dedicated game forums and know how to attract and entertain the audience across all of these platforms – you have half of what it takes to join us. Experience in Community management is a plus.
What we are searching for
Our Social Media / Community Specialist has to be reliable, well-organized, and have a creative spark. We expect you to be innovative, proactive, and speak the community language. An excellent understanding of new and popular trends as well as esports knowledge of at least one of our main teams is a must.
You will be the eyes and ears of G2 representing the club, our partners, and fans across all our communication platforms, as you enthusiastically engage on a daily basis. You should be comfortable working in an international group alongside the rest of our core staff and Content Team in Berlin, Germany and willing travel to events if necessary.
- Responsible for managing our community and Social Media accounts on: Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, Instagram, TikTok, Steam, Discord, dedicated esports or game forums/communities, and any additional platform the club decides to use or our teams are affiliated with.
- Responsible for organising, coordinating, executing, and reporting on community events and activities, such as online community events, fan-meetups, dedicated community content, viewings parties, and more.
- Highly Communicative – you know how to stir up great conversation, foster engagement and interaction, and listen and relay to others what the community and our partners require and desire.
- Proactive and well-organized – you do not wait to be told what to do, you plan in advance, react flexibly on occuring news and always have some evergreen posts ready.
- Do not copy others but create our own – you are ahead of the curve in terms of content originality, creating new, original, meaningful and entertaining content.
- Excellent grasp on what community savours – you can demonstrate expert knowledge on G2 social media of the trends and recent happenings in the esports industry as a whole.
- Reddit Analyst and Twitter expert – you always look for the freshest memes, discussion topics, and tendencies within online communities, with a particular focus on LoL and CS:GO current and past events.
- Execute, schedule, and track G2 partner activities according to agreement with our partners.
- Able and willing to travel to the most relevant G2 events in order to coordinate and execute live community events and activities.
- 1 – 2 years experience as a social media/community specialist, or similar role. Esports experience is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Proactive attitude.
- Good communication and coordination skills. Experience working and coordinating with international team members is a plus.
- Native level oral and written communication in English.
- Additional language is a plus, particularly Spanish.
- Enthusiasm and ambition to be the best.
- Curiosity – you want to be the first to know things and share it with G2 fans.
- Experience in working with Google Suite and/or Office applications such as Powerpoint, Excel and Word or similar.
- Availability to work on a full-time basis.
- Keen interest in esports is required.
- Currently residing in or able to relocate to Berlin.
Nice to have:
- Experience working with an esports community, team, organization or similar.
- Experience in Creative Marketing.
- Experience with data analysis, reporting, and providing insight.
- Hootsuite, Hubspot, Sprout Social, or similar Content Management System experience managing and publishing through multiple social media networks.