G2 Esports is one of the leading Esports organizations worldwide with the best Esports athletes in the world. Under the leadership of legendary League of Legends athlete and current team owner Carlos “Ocelote” Rodriguez, G2 Esports was founded with a desire to bring innovation to the management and operation of esports teams while maintaining core values of professionalism, ambition and resilience.
Esports has not left the legal sciences and practice behind either. As lawyers at G2 Esports we work on the front line and are pioneers in Esports law. Daily tasks come from all possible fields of law. Labour law, corporate law, contract law, commercial law, Conflict of laws, copyright law, trademark law – to name a few. As a lawyer in Esports you have to feel comfortable in chaos, be extremely resilient and be able to juggle everything at the same time. In return, there is a practically unconquered industry with a lot of freedom.
In order to strengthen the Legal Department, we are looking for a German Legal Clerk (m/f/d) for the “Rechtsanwaltsstation” or “Wahlstation”, who will work directly with our Head of Legal to face the daily chaos of esports.
Here are your tasks:
- Advice to our management on daily legal issues
- Preparation and review of contracts (partners, sponsors) in close cooperation with our Commercial Department
- Negotiation with business partners on special contracts
- Collision monitoring and overviewing in general our trademarks
- Far too many other interesting and exciting cases, which we do not even list for convenience, because the list would be too long…
- Completed law degree (first state examination)
- Fluent in spoken and written English (company language is English!) and native German
- Interest in Esports
- And the usual standard (accurate and thorough working practice) – your character and personality are crucial!
What you get:
- Working directly at Potsdamer Platz in a super-modern environment with impressive gaming equipment (there is no slow internet and outdated hardware here !)
- In the heart of Esports – here with us Esports is lived and created and you are directly involved (what is written later in the comments and textbooks about Esports is created by us!)
- Young, dynamic and international team, great working atmosphere and – welcome to the year 2020 – modern working conditions
- No annoying chains of hierarchy (really) – we are only doers and decision makers; every voice is heard and taken seriously (if the boss is talking nonsense, we want to hear it)
- Networking Deluxe – If you are interested in a career in Esports later, then we have Riot Games, Valve, Epic Games, Ubisoft – you have all stakeholders within reach
- Real experience – you are not a number and there is no diving (“tauchen”) here either; we need you and you will really get to grips and experience what it is like as a corporate lawyer in an international start-up environment
In addition, we offer to continue your work as a part-time job. You up for it? Then we look forward to receiving your application by e-mail to [email protected] or via our homepage
Don’t worry. We’ll get back to you fast!
G2 Legal Team