G2 is looking for a Lead Software Developer to lead and manage a team of software developers and support them in improving G2 Esports online positioning using software technologies that are fit for the purpose. You will be responsible for leading a team of permanent, contracted and outsourced development teams to meet the company’s goals and objectives. You will build and lead projects, motivate and grow the team and deliver requirements up to standard and on arranged time. You will work in e-commerce, lead app development and improve the best data project esports has ever seen! This is a full time position based in our headquarters in Berlin who will directly report to (Head of Digitalization/Marketing Director).
- Lead permanent and outsourced development teams. Ensure quality and technical approach taken by team members. Projects need to be delivered on time and inside the budget. Mentor and code. You are the lead architect that is coding together with his team.
- Engineer web solutions that meet G2 Esports needs and help us shape our projects so they are consistent with the overall direction G2 in going in
- Help manage relationships with external agencies and vendors. Decide which solutions we are using, integrate, fully utilize and support
- Manage communication with in-house departments and shareholders. Present work to relevant people on a weekly basis and include them into project planning.
- Add new ideas and concepts that will improve the overall product performance. Produce innovative solutions that will put G2 significantly above any other esports company. Use the latest technologies and show why G2 needs to switch to them.
- Oversee roadmap strategy for features and influence it. You need to know what can be built on which deadline and be sure you can do it.
- Education: BS / BA in IT
- Experience: 6+ years of experience in developing websites, applications and data projects
- Proven track record of successful projects meaning you have applications, websites and data projects you developed alone or in a team and can present to us. E-commerce and data projects are preferred but not a must.
- Proven track record of projects that were live and were able to handle specific user loads. The requirement is not that you are a proficient dev ops but understanding of server architecture and choosing a proper solution is a must.
- Expert knowledge of the following tools and platforms:
- BI-Tools and data storage knowledge (Example: Microsoft Azure, Salesforce)
- Expert knowledge of the following languages and frameworks and ability to produce high-quality and standards compliant back/front-end code :
- Expert knowledge in continuous integration and deployment
- Highly structured and can work well both autonomously and in a team environment. A person that can explain the most complicated tech concepts in the most simple way.
Good to have
- Experienced working with analytics tools (Salesforce, Netbase, Socialbakers, GA)
- Experience with the following languages and frameworks:
- C# / .Net Core
- ASP.Net Core
- Experience with the following tools and platforms:
- Microsoft Azure