G2 Esports is looking for an experienced Esports Manager to manage the most important part of the company. The Esports Manager will be responsible to maintain success and exceed expectations around all current and future professional teams and players of G2 Esports. This includes the general management of all team managers under the supervision of the Head of Esports as well as serving as the main point of contact to coordinate cross departmental requirements and deliverables (including but not limited to Content, Social, Commercial, Events and Digital).
The future Esports Manager knows esports and the wider entertainment industry and wants to play a key role in the success of G2 Esports. A well-developed common sense with an analytical and logical way of thinking will have to be paired with strong communication and interpersonal skills. A very passionate team with experienced team managers is waiting for a motivational and inspiring leadership figure in the general management team.
The role as Esports Manager will be located in our HQ in Berlin, Germany and will report to the Head of Esports.
- Manage a team of managers across multiple esports titles and strive to win World Championship titles
- Further grow the Esports department initiatives with innovative ideas and lead relating projects to enhance performance
- Organize, maintain and improve internal processes and workflows including budgeting and forecasting
- Manage relationships and contractual obligations with publishers and tournament organizers
- Project lead deliverables from Commercial, Marketing and other departments and assist conception with esports expertise
- Liaise with HR, Finance and Legal departments on Esports relating matters
- Broad understanding of the esports scene and esports business models across a variety of games and publishers
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to gather and use data to drive decision making
- Firm grasp of using spreadsheets and creating reports and decks to pitch ideas
- Excellent written and fluent verbal communication skills in English. German language is a plus.
- Related degree is preferred but not required
- Related work experience (a minimum of three years) is greatly preferred
- Good time management, prioritization skills, independence and flexibility in working hours. Esports is global and happens across all timezones and days of the week
- Strong team player with cooperative thinking and accuracy of all data gathered