G2 is one of the world’s leading entertainment and esports brands. G2 was co-founded in 2015 by legendary League of Legends player-turned-team owner, Carlos ‘ocelote’ Rodriguez, and veteran esports entrepreneur and investor, Jens Hilgers. In the past five years, G2 has built a global fanbase of over 35 million fans spanning EMEA, North American, Latin America and Asia Pacific.
We are looking for a person who is highly experienced and naturally engaged with Social Media and esports communities. If you actively participate in discussions on Social Media, Discord, Reddit, and dedicated game forums and know how to attract and entertain the audience across all of these platforms - you have half of what it takes to join us. Experience in Community management is a plus.
What we are searching for:
Our Social Media / Community Specialist has to be reliable, well-organized, and have a creative spark. We expect you to be innovative, proactive, and speak the community language. An excellent understanding of new and popular trends as well as esports knowledge of at least on our main teams is a must.
You will be the eyes and ears of G2 representing the club, our partners, and fans across all our communication platforms, as you enthusiastically engage on a daily basis. You should be comfortable working in an international group alongside the rest of our core staff and Content Team in Berlin, Germany and willing to travel to events if necessary.
Location: G2 Esports HQ – Berlin, Germany
- Responsible for managing our community and Social Media accounts on: Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, Instagram, TikTok, Steam, Discord, dedicated esports or game forums/communities, and any additional platform the club decides to use or our teams are affiliated with.
- Responsible for organising, coordinating, executing, and reporting on community events and activities, such as online community events, fan-meetups, dedicated community content, viewings parties, and more.
- Highly Communicative - you know how to stir up great conversation, foster engagement and interaction, and listen and relay to others what the community and our partners require and desire.
- Proactive and well-organized - you do not wait to be told what to do, you plan in advance, react flexibly on occuring news and always have some evergreen posts ready.
- Reddit Analyst and Twitter expert - you always look for the freshest memes, discussion topics, and tendencies within online communities, with a particular focus on LoL and CS:GO current and past events.
- Execute, schedule, and track G2 partner activities according to agreement with our partners.
- Able and willing to travel to the most relevant G2 events in order to coordinate and execute live community events and activities.
- 1 - 2 years experience as a social media/community specialist, or similar role. Esports experience is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Good communication and coordination skills. Experience working and coordinating with international team members is a plus.
- Native level oral and written communication in English.
- Experience in working with Google Suite and/or Office applications such as Powerpoint, Excel and Word or similar.
- Keen interest in esports is required.
- Currently residing in or able to relocate to Berlin.
Nice to have:
- Experience working with an esports community, team, organization or similar.
- Experience in Creative Marketing.
- Experience with data analysis, reporting, and providing insight.
- Hootsuite, Hubspot, Sprout Social, or similar Content Management System experience managing and publishing through multiple social media networks.
- Additional Language is highly desirable, but not required. Ideally Spanish, Brazilian-Portuguese, or Japanese.
What is like working at G2 Esports?
Work Culture. You will be surrounded by experienced, successful and ambitious co-workers that will push you to your limits in a positive and inspiring working atmosphere. A workplace where unity, honesty, pioneering, fairness and integrity are valued.
Perks. Competitive salary; office in the heart of Berlin; gym membership; great IT equipment; flexible working times; additional holidays & being a part of the G2 family.Development. Get mentored by some of the best within esport and access a wide network of great people and companies inside and outside of the industry.