At G2, we’ve united top talent with the best competitive players from around the world to form a truly global esports club and entertainment brand. We are ambitious risk-takers, seeking to innovate the esports and entertainment industries, remaining playful and forthright while upholding our core values.
With one of the largest esports fan bases at our side, our mission is to spark emotion and foster conversation through powerful stories of competition within the esports industry and beyond.
If you take pride in always striving for the best and crave the opportunity to create, innovate, and entertain the world, then you’ll feel right at home at G2.
G2 Esports is now looking for a Senior Video Editor to join our team. This is a full time opportunity based in Berlin (with flexibility for remote work) who will directly report to our Post Production Lead. If you feel alive putting together the funniest videos and most entertaining storylines, have a good eye for beautiful aesthetics, and can demonstrate passion and a proactive attitude, you could be the one!
As a part of our Content Team, you will be included in the entire creative process of our marketing team including concept development, production and post-production. It involves working internally with our editors, producers, videographers, graphic designers and other departments pitching ideas and understanding our partners’ and fans’ needs for promotional/engaging content.
- Come up with innovative ways of editing entertaining content pieces and various formats
- Elevate the quality of the G2 video output and ensure a consistent high quality standard while innovating post production results via creative approaches
- Cooperate with the rest of the Content Team creating exciting social media output and marketing programs and competitions that connect and engage with our online fan base
- Join creative sessions with our content team for project kick-offs
- Plus: Candidates with photography / videography experience will have the opportunity to travel the world, capturing our adventures, and take part in our big scale productions
- Proven working experience in a senior editing role (portfolio and/or showreel required)
- Experience with applying special effects, working with motion graphics and 3D
- Solid experience with industry standard and relevant editing software packages (Adobe Creative Suite programs are preferred)
- Thorough knowledge of timing, motivation, continuity, etc
- Creative mind and storytelling skills
- Natural ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience in remote working / distributed teams (you like to travel and work with people from around the world)
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing. Native level is not required, but competency is expected
- Knowledge of the esports industry and a premier esports title and its community. Multiple games knowledge is a plus
- Must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously, including tight deadlines.
- Enthusiastic team player. We want someone who can pitch us ideas instead of waiting for assignments
Nice to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in film studies, photography, editing or related field
- The ability to color grade including working with and the creation of LUTs.
- Ability to consistently communicate with players, staff and management.
- Esports and competitive gaming fan
- Native English
What you can expect from working with G2
A diverse work environment with international backgrounds, loaded with experience and a variety of success stories - all driven by the idea of achieving greatness together. A playful workplace, that is united and fair.
A compensation package aligned with our ambition of attracting the best talents, the structure and tools so you can perform your best from the office or from home, and other perks such as flexible working hours, additional holidays, and great IT equipment.
Have what it takes to join the #G2Army ?
Click on the ‘Online Application’ button below and show us that you are the right person for this position. We are looking forward to learning about you and what you can bring to G2!