G2 is one of the world’s leading entertainment and esports brands. G2 was co-founded in 2015 by legendary League of Legends player-turned-team owner, Carlos ‘ocelote’ Rodriguez, and veteran esports entrepreneur and investor, Jens Hilgers. In the past five years, G2 has built a global fanbase of over 35 million fans spanning EMEA, North American, Latin America and Asia Pacific.
G2 Esports is looking to expand its Commercial Department with a Consumer Products (Graphic) Designer!
This is a dynamic role wherein you can help impact on how current and future fans from around the world will discover, engage with and be entertained by G2 Esports products.
The CP Designer will be highly skilled in graphic product design and is able to translate trends and business insights into product designs that fulfil G2’s customers needs.
The role as CP Designer will be Full-Time and will be located in our HQ in Berlin with the possibility to work Remotely. This role will report directly to our E-Commerce & Retail Lead.
The starting date of this position is planned for January 2023.
You take full ownership in the execution of the product life cycle (incl. apparel, accessories, home goods, stationary etc.) and design outcome in close collaboration with the E-Commerce & Retail Lead
Work closely with the Brand and Marketing team to establish the future direction of our consumer products range, by translating trends into brand-distinctive product designs
You translate competitive insights, key KPI’s, market research into successful products in line with performance analysis and business needs
You skillfully execute creative and business strategies, alongside being an enthusiastic driver for solutions and influencing better alignment and processes within product design
- You bring your creativity to the table in the way you approach the design elements, but also look for opportunities to innovate products themselve
- Work closely with the design team to create campaign identities around product launches
Qualifications & Job Requirements
- Ideally a degree in Product Design and/or Fashion Design
- 3+ years of design experience within a commercial, fast fashion industry.
- Excellent proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite applications (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) is a must
- Your portfolio demonstrates your excellent fashion sense, graphic skills, commercial acumen as well as strong abilities to design for various brands/handwritings
- Experience in broader consumer products design is a plus
- Professional ability to translate design/business needs into top-notch, quality executions in a fast pace environment
- Team player with positive energy, a can-do attitude and openness to innovation, efficiency, and collaboration
- Confident with giving direction and presentations to internal departments as well as external stakeholders, in English
- Able to keep calm under pressure, owning independently within tight deadlines, ad-hoc requests and multitasking
What is like working at G2 Esports?
Work Culture. You will be surrounded by experienced, successful and ambitious co-workers that will push you to your limits in a positive and inspiring working atmosphere. A workplace where unity, honesty, pioneering, fairness and integrity are valued.
Perks. Competitive salary; office in the heart of Berlin; gym membership; great IT equipment; flexible working times; additional holidays & being a part of the G2 family.
Development. Get mentored by some of the best within esport and access a wide network of great people and companies inside and outside of the industry.